What Is Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is in an invasive procedure that removes fat, skin, and tissue while lifting the breasts. The result is a more streamlined, younger-looking bust.
The most common method of reducing breast volume requires three incisions: one around the areola (a periareolar incision), another running vertically from the bottom of the areola to the crease underneath the breast, and a third following the natural line of the breast crease.
The surgeon removes the excess tissue and fat through these incisions before lifting the nipple and areola to a higher position. The size of the areola may also be reduced, and liposuction might be used to adjust the contour.
Is Breast Reduction Right for Me?
- Your breasts are overly large in proportion to your body frame
- You have heavy, pendulous breasts with downward-pointing nipples and areolas
- You have one breast that’s much larger than the other
- You experience back, neck, shoulder, or head pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have skin irritation under your breasts
- You experience a restriction of physical activity due to your breasts’ size and weight
- You’re self-consciousness about the largeness of your breasts
Breast reduction can be performed at any age, but plastic surgeons usually recommend waiting until breast development has stopped after puberty. You will need to be in good overall health.
Reasons to Seek Breast Reduction
Every year, thousands of women undergo through this surgery. Every woman has her own reason but common reasons are:
- Heavy breasts cause discomfort
- Larger than normal breasts causes muscle and shoulder pain
- Shoulder marks due to pressure on straps of bra
- Desire to get an attractive look
- Problem while purchasing right cloth
- Desire to take part in sport activities
Benefits of Breast Reduction
Here are some benefits that women can enjoy through reduction Mammoplasty:
- Gaining attractive breast appearance
- Restoring self-confidence
- Ability to wear any kind of cloth
- Free to participate in sport activities
- Getting rid of constant embarrassment
- Getting back self-confidence
- Reduce backache
- No more muscle and shoulder pain
- Wider choices of swimwear